Thursday, August 18, 2011

Random threes

Three things that I want to accomplish by the end of the year
1. Become a lifetime member at Weight Watchers. Just have to lose 1 lb a week between now and Christmas.

2. Smock matching outfits for the kids for Christmas.

3. Master budgeting.

Three things that frustrate me beyond words.
1. When people do not respond to emails, text messages or voice mails. I know people are busy but really - how long does it take to shoot off a quick "Got your message." Or "Thanks." Or "Sounds good." or "Not able to but thanks for asking."

2. Whining. I have a low tolerance threshold for this one, causing me to pray constantly for patience as a mother of a toddler.

3. Arriving late and not calling. It's that courtesy thing again. I understand people are late sometimes. Life happens. But I also understand about 99% of people I know have a cell phone. It takes 30 seconds to call and say you are going to be late.

Three things my kids did today that made being a mom worthwhile.
1. Giggled uncontrollably together as they were splashing in the bathtub leaving my floor soaked.

2. Carsten reached out his chubby little arms to hug his sister, four times.

3. Elisabeth dressed herself for bed, came out with her Cinderella nightgown and fuzzy slippers on and said "The princess is ready for bed Mama!"

I hope they get a long this well when Elisabeth is a teenager and Carsten is an annoying 11 year old brother.


2 comments:

  1. Amen to the courtesy thing! And amen to to the things that make being a mom worthwhile...it helps to wipe the whining from my memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% that arriving late and not calling is super frustrating. I have a lot of experience with that!

    Oh wait, you mean it's frustrating to wait for someone who is arriving late? That never happens here!

    ReplyDelete