Wednesday, December 17, 2008
1 roll of children's wrapping paper and
1 pkg. of tissue paper
4 baby's first Christmas picture frame ornament
Lance's shopping trip to Target was successful yet he came home with a HUGE bag from Hallmark. At first I thought he had purchased me a sentimental present. However, I was shocked when he pulled out four identical Baby's First Christmas ornaments from the bag.* Why in the world would I want four units of the same ornament?
Taking the advice from Elder Wirthlin, we laughed until we cried. If husbands could only read our minds.
*For those who suffer from the same misguided interpretation skills as Lance: I intended him to exchange the ornament "for" a baby's first Christmas picture frame ornament.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
- Can hold her own bottle.
- Eats three meals of solids a day - rice cereal and fruit for breakfast, fruit/veggies for lunch and meat/vegetable for dinner.
- Drinks water from a cup
- Started officially teething and has her two bottom front-teeth to prove it
- Can "scoot" like a little worm across the floor
- Started taking swimming lessons
- No longer wants to be rocked to sleep. Prefers to be put in her crib with her soothie blankie and fall asleep on her own.
- Give us kisses on our cheeks (Okay, she actually chews on our cheeks when we ask her to give kisses, but close enough for go, right?)
Grandma Bev says Elisabeth is the happiest baby she has ever taken care of. Beth's big smiles and giggle are pretty contagious. She does have her occassional "mental breakdowns" (as her papa calls them) and fussy times but is usually happy-go-lucky. Life would not be the same without our little ladybug who loves music, singing, reading books and pulling the puppy's ears.