In honor of our anniversary, I wanted to list a few little-known facts about Lance that make him the wonderful, unique husband that he is.
- He brings me a glass of water to my nightstand every night in case I get thirsty.
- He tells the same quirky jokes over and over again. Sometimes annoying, but mostly, endearing.
- He loves to eat anything that is not good for him...ice cream, alfredo sauce, brownies, cookies. Whenever I send him to the grocery store, he always comes home with a food that is not on my "eating healthy" list. But once he grins and gives me his puppy dog eyes, I can't help but smile at this sweet antic.
- He gets up early every morning to walk our dog because I like to sleep in.
- He loves children movies and movies made in the 80s/early 90s. He would rather watch Curious George than Ocean's 13.
- He will do the dishes every night I cook. He claims that is his job.
- When he cooks, he follows a recipe to the "T" down to the amount of time he needs to boil the pasta. This exactness is carried to every aspect in his life.
I am so grateful that we found each other. It has been a great ride so far and we are looking forward to the years ahead. Here is a recent picture of my bubba and our little girl. (And Sammie the Cockapoo...Sofi's buddy.)