Monday, November 28, 2011

Open Letter: Dear Costco

Dear Costco:
May I make a suggestion? When someone orders a toy from you to be shipped between Thanksgiving and Christmas can you please ship it in a brown, plain box? Especially if you are going to deliver it after naptime and the cover of the box shows a picture of what is inside?

I would like to avoid having to concoct a story why the castle my daughter has requested from Santa showed up on our doorstep a month before Christmas eve. Luckily she believed it was delivered to the wrong house. Also, lucky for me our Jewish neighbor does have a little girl AND they celebrate Hanukkah so my story was plausible.

My sincere thanks,
Kristi

3 comments:

  1. We got a very obvious package to our doorstep too, but luckily it was during nap time and I had time to stash it. This online shopping has a downside...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! That is pretty good. =) Gordon was asking where something was on Saturday that I had picked up a while ago and hoped he would forget about. He didn't. I was torn whether to just let him have it, or what to do. Finally, he let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year, we had a Christmas present stolen from our doorstep, but luckily it was recovered by the police. I don't know if that's a problem where you are. Maybe that's one advantage of having a package that's not wrapped because I can't think of any thieves who would want a princess castle.

    ReplyDelete