Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A very big week

Carsten turned 18 months.  Which means he is officially old enough for nursery.  Our little hair pulling, snuggling, giggling, train & dirt loving, book reading haas is no longer our baby.  Nursery kids, watch out!





Elisabeth gave her first scripture and prayer in Primary.  She chose 1 Nephi 3:7 - Because Nephi is her favorite prophet.  I have never seen a child more excited to hop up on that podium to speak in front of 40 kids/teachers.  Love our little spunky, fearless, princess who wants to do what is right. . . most of the time.


And last but not least. . . We bought a house!!!!  As of April 12th we can say we are officially homeowners and have settled down to roost.  We will be moving in mid-May and I literally can't wait!!!!


I know that homeownership is not all roses.  I know that my children aren't perfect and I am far from a perfect mother.  Experience and reason also tell me that there will be rocky times in the years ahead.  But as I laid down to go to sleep the day escrow closed and I thought of my two sweet children sleeping soundly in their beds within the walls of my new home and dear Lance sleeping next to me and my stinky beagle snoring by my feet, my heart couldn't help but almost burst with happiness.  I want to hold on to moments like these forever.  God is incredibly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment