Sunday, January 8, 2012

Firsts

As 2012 is upon us I can't help but anticipate this upcoming year as one of new experiences and most importantly, one of planting of our family's roots. But before I reflect publicly upon 2011 and list my resolutions for 2012, I do feel I need to recognize highlights of the last few months, which were filled with many firsts for our family.

First time (yet won't be our last) we dressed up with a family theme for Halloween.
My handsome Captain Hook, the adorable Peter Pan, the sweet Tinkerbell, and the youthful Wendy.



Elisabeth's first dance recital. She really stole the show and we see that the stage may be in her future.

This man became one of the newest equity partners at Knobbe Martens Olsen and Bear LLP.


I ran my first 10K at the Dana Point Turkey Trot. Averaged a 10.30 minute mile.
For someone who was pretty out of shape a year previous, this is wonderful feat.


Elisabeth rode Space Mountain for the first time.
Mom's thoughts: A three year old is way too young.
Pop's thoughts: She is definitely tall enough. Go for it.
Elisabeth's thoughts: Never again. ;-)
(Until she forgot about it and now she can't wait to go into space again.)



Carsten took his first steps in December (14 months.)
At first he looked like he was doing Michael Jackson's "Thriller" dance. He still has an adorable little waddle that is done with his little fists balled up near his armpits. Now he is on the move, all day, every day and into everything.


Elisabeth and Carsten attended their first candlelit Christmas Eve Lutheran service.
Made me miss my mom more than ever, wishing she could have been there to see this sweet moment captured in this picture. This moment highlights the simplicity and beauty of Christmas to me.


Jesus wants this little girl for a Sunbeam.
When in the world did she grow up enough to attend Primary.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post!!! That dance recital was adorable and Carsten's smile while doing some of his first steps... priceless.

    ReplyDelete