Monday, January 30, 2012

Celebrating (almost) 10 years of wedded bliss. . . Status-update style

Hawaii was absolutely divine. Picture perfect weather. Seven whole days on a tropical island to just relax sans kids, enjoy the beautiful nature, eat delicious (albeit horribly expensive) food, read the seven books I brought with and snuggle with my kulta of almost 10 years. It was the honeymoon we never took that I always wanted and I was blissfully happy 99% of the time we were there. I missed my little ones who were living in loving chaos with grandma and their cousins but we NEEDED this time away. More than I can ever put into words. We returned more in love than ever (I know, cheesy for me to say.) and life at home with the kids has been sweeter and easier post-blissful vacation. My only regret was staying in Waikiki - which is the Hawaiian version of Fashion Island. I wished we would have spent every night on the more relaxed and remote North Shore. But, it is hard to reach true perfection here on earth. Right? Right.

As I have been absent from Facebook now for over a week and am going through a withdrawal of updating my status, I figured summarizing our trip with typical status updates was in order.


Just ate Japanese BBQ in HAWAII. Delish. Let the lovers getaway begin!

Preparing for a sunset out of Waikiki. Hoping to see some humpback whales!
(Side note: We saw a huge pod of whales!)


What Hawaiian vacation wouldn't be complete with out an expensive VIRGIN fruity drink? Tried the Smokin' Pineapple. Worth the $15.



How healthy can a hamburger be that you can't fit your mouth around? Praying the weight gain this vacation is minimal.

Kailua Beach. Amazing.


Lance just chose an oyster that had two pearls in it as my anniversary gift. The lady at the jewelry counter insisted that meant we were going to have twins. Call me nuts but I am actually hoping that is true!


A limo arriving at a shrimp truck for lunch. Now if that isn't a juxtaposition, I don't know what is.

Who would've thunk the best food we've ate in Hawaii would be from a truck on the side of the road? @Haleiwa, HI w/ Lance S.



People keep asking us if we are newly weds. Guessing we still got the heat! (Or at least look 10 years younger than we actually are.)
Just danced in front of 200+ people at the Polynesian Cultural Center luau in honor of our 10th anniversary. I sure do HEART the nerdy stud I married.


It is possible to eat too much fresh pineapple. Seven canker sores later and I am still gorging myself. . . @ the Dole Pineapple Plantation, Oahu, HI with Lance. S.


The Laie HI Temple has got to be one of the most breathtakingly beautiful sights in the world. Hoping one of my children decides to get married here.


Awww yeah. A room with a view. @ Turtle Bay Resort, North Shore - Oahu, HI, w/ Lance. S.


Lance dancing the hula. Worth every penny spent at the Polynesian Cultural Center to see this.



Watching pro-surfers brave suicidal waves is enough to make me want to take up surfing.


Falling asleep listening to the 15 ft waves crash upon the shore. Can life get any better than this?



Pearl Harbor. A humbling, somber and touching experience.



1 comment:

  1. I loved all your statuses. I love Hawaii, I love Kailua, PCC, and of course the Laie Temple. I'm so glad you guys were able to go for a blissful 10-year anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete