Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beautiful Day

The kids watching solar system videos on the computer together. They are actually starting to play with each other lately and I love watching them interact.

Coming home from a vacation that was absolutely divine and assuming normal, everyday responsibilities proved to be hard yesterday. One massive, two hour long tantrum; no naps; a mommy breakdown and Dad bringing home an emergency dinner later; I kept looking at my Hawaii pictures, wanting to go back. Life before kids was so carefree.

Today was different. Not only was it tantrum, whining and Facebook free, but the day was absolutely beautiful. I made dinner and the kids were happily in bed by 7 p.m. I honestly enjoyed every moment with my kids while we did things like going to the park and dance class and I kept thinking - Now this is the beauty of motherhood. There is no other place I want to be then here with these sweet children.

The only thing that could dampen my spirits today would be the fact that the battery on my Macbook Pro is about to explode (much like this one.) So, my evening has been spent trying to back everything up and not start a fire in my house.

Oh well. Guess that means it is time to buy a new laptop! Now that is a beautiful idea as well.

1 comment:

  1. Re-entry from vacation is always hard. Our 5 kids seemed to retaliate when we returned.

    Enjoy this time as a mindful, in the moment parent. I see so many moms who are screen-bound and miss precious moments with their kiddos.

    ReplyDelete