Saturday, October 2, 2010

Two Nos and a Yes

No baby yet, for those who are diligently checking my blog to see what is going on.  Wait, is there anyone out there diligently checking my blog?  Maybe not.  I can only dream.

No baby name yet.  Two names are high in the running - Carsten and John.  Elisabeth is partial to Carsten.  Lance is partial to John.  And I am stuck somewhere in the middle.  Carsten was my great-grandpa who came over from Norway to the U.S.  It is a strong, good name that means "Follower of Christ" and has German roots.  And it is very unique.   John was my grandpa's name as well as one of Lance's greats, and has a lot of meaning to us because that is what Elisabeth named her son in the New Testament after waiting years and years for him to come.   Besides, who wouldn't want their son to aspire to be like John the Baptist?   So, we continue to debate and hope that our baby will come home with a name. 

Yes, I am pretty much ready.  My hospital bag was packed just tonight.  Elisabeth's clothes have been packed and sent over to her friend's house where she will stay and the dog has been bathed and her bedding washed so her caretakers won't regret offering to take her too much.  And I have baked enough zucchini bread that if I don't cook for a week or so, we can live off of that.

Ready or not, our little boy can come anytime now.  We look forward to meeting him!

 Me at 39 weeks, 5 days.  He is certainly a lot more compact than Elisabeth was.  However, my arms have definitely fattened up a bit - making me feel like a beached whale whenever I take Elisabeth to the pool or attend my bi-weekly water aerobics class.

38 weeks pregnant with Elisabeth

8 comments:

  1. Me me me! I am diligently checking the blog to see when baby will be here.

    I spent the morning with 5 other pregnant women, and I too feel super compact for how far along I am. Maybe I'll pop out more in the next month. Anyway, happy pushing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiles and laughter of joy
    Thank you
    Love you
    Kps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am diligently checking :) Miss you and love you dearly! I need to call you sometime,when (and if) your life ever gets a little less crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are way too tiny to be full term! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm checking!! I hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog. Love you. Wishing you a blessed week!

    BWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you look great Kristi. Can't wait to have a new little nephew! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and my first instinct was to vote for Carsten. That is a really cute name, but after your reasoning I am not sure. John is a really solid name. I think one of the greatest parts of a name is the meaning and story behind it.

    ReplyDelete