Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rocking Her World

I went into Elisabeth's bedroom last night and crawled into bed with her.  I scratched her back while she slept and couldn't help but feel a little melancholy.  We are about to rock this little sweetheart's world.  She is going to go from being the beloved, only child who has her parents undivided attention to having to share every moment with an incredibly needy, yet sweet newborn brother.  And that is just the beginning.

Many times these past few weeks Lance and I have looked at each other and asked ourselves (while chuckling) "What were we thinking?"  Of course we want our son to be born into our family.  But. . . I am not sure we are ready to enter into the world of parenthood for those with multiple children.

Ready or not, change is immanent.   And to our credit, we have never been ones to have lofty expectations for the future.  We just kinda jump into things, head first, taking things as they come.

I just hope this little independent girl will weather the storm of change with grace.

And this mom can shake the feeling of guilt for shattering the only life her daughter has known.

****************************************

Note:  As you probably already guessed, no baby yet.  I am going to try to do a post a day so if you notice a day goes by without a post you will know I am most likely at the hospital having a baby.

3 comments:

  1. " children are pretty adaptable"
    "kristi is good at empathizing with other people, she is just empathizing with Elisabeth"
    - LDS

    Creating her world
    - kps

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute picture of Elisabeth. I love it! Elisabeth will do just fine and be better for it. She will get to be a big sister. =)
    You are in our prayers.
    Love ya,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. kps - that was really nice of Lor to say that. Maybe this has more to do with pregnancy hormones than empathy :-) Either way, I know she will adapt. I just want to freeze time for a few minutes so I can hold onto her being little. Love you!

    Lisa - Thanks for the nice words. Love you!

    ReplyDelete