Sunday, January 21, 2007

Paljon Onnea

I (Kristi Ann) celebrated my 28th birthday last Sunday. Those of you who know me know I LOVE to celebrate anything so my birth-day turned into a birth-extended weekend. Saturday I spent the day scrapbooking at my friend Becky's house. Scrapping without my Hufnagle gals and buddy Amber isn't the same. . .I especially missed the roses. :( However, I did get a gift certificate from my neighbor and enjoyed the company of my new California friends.

Sunday we had our friends the Williamsons and Nelsons over for a steak dinner, a friendly game of Balderdash (which I lost), and homemade Finnish Birthday cake (taytekakku as the Finns would say) topped with whipped cream and strawberries. Lance did the dishes. Best birthday gift ever! In fact, he seems to give me this gift every day practically.

Monday night was our "date" birthday celebration and we dined at my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot. I never grow tired of having fondue. After we rushed home to take Sofi for her late night potty break, we headed to the dollar theater to see "Stranger Than Fiction." My review? two thumbs up. Enjoyable for both sexes and the right mix of comedy, tradgedy, life lessons and happy endings.

Overall, a very good birthday. Thanks to all of those who offered their well wishes and provided gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment