Monday, January 8, 2007

Hoping for a Better 2007

We started our New Years taking it easy. We watched all 12 hours of the extended version of the Lord of the Rings over the course of New Years Eve and New Years Day (LKSmemoe family tradition.) Something can be said for watching an epic consequetively. Things make much more sense and one seems to get more emotionally involved with the story.

Lance has been working long hours at the firm, catching up from what he missed over Christmas break. He even worked a 8 a.m. - 6 a.m. shift last Friday. (No, that wasn't a typo. He worked 22 hours straight.) I bought him a computer game for Christmas and he spends the free time he has trying to beat it.

I have returned to my old routine and am working on getting the what few Christmas decorations I put up, down. We have a tradition of leaving our Christmas tree up in honor of the 1. Orthadox Christmas 2. "Wisemen Day" 3. Our procrastinating tendacies. I say it is because of the first two, but secretly I believe it is because of the third.

I feel that change is brewing. Let's see what 2007 holds for our tiny family.

No comments:

Post a Comment