Sunday, March 18, 2012

Only


A good summary of yet another lovely Sunday in our house:
  • We were ONLY five minutes late to church.
  • I ONLY lost my keys twice on the way out the door.
  • Carsten ONLY pummeled his sister four times during sacrament meeting
  • I ONLY had to take him out twice for crying loudly during the meeting
  • Elisabeth ONLY threw one tantrum, prostrate on the ground in front of the Primary room.
  • Then she ran out of the primary room and hid for ONLY five minutes.
  • Elisabeth ONLY fake cried a few times to try to get picked for a turn during sharing time.
  • Elisabeth ONLY threw her shoes, headband and bracelet once across the room during music time.
  • Carsten ONLY hit one kid over the head with a block during nursery.
  • Carsten ONLY sat in one puddle on the way to the car.
It could of been worse. Much worse.

Let's face it. I have NO idea what I am doing as a parent. Just trying to "enjoy the moment." Or at least that is the phrase that goes through my head multiple times a day on Sundays. Like enjoy how Elisabeth sang in front of our congregation today with the other kids and she knew and proudly sang every word. Or how I taught Elisabeth how to wrestle with her brother and he could not stop laughing as she pinned him to the ground. Or how Carsten correctly identified the Macaw in a book today.

Enjoy the moment, enjoy the moment, enjoy the moment. It helps, right?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Sundays. I love them, especially when they're over. ;) It's hard to focus on the good things that happen when you're exhausted and going it solo, but you are right -- they're still there, even though they're harder to see. I need to remember that, too.

    ReplyDelete