Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Being missed

Our lives are insanely busy. Everyone who knows us knows this. Part of it is my personality, part of it is where we live and part of it is just the place we are in our lives with jobs, kids, church, you name it.

Lance called me this afternoon. This was our conversation:

L: We have been too busy lately. Do you realize that it will be one whole month since we have spent a Saturday together as a family?
K: Yes. It's been a crazy few weeks.
L: What are your plans tonight?
K: I was planning to go to the gym with the kids. Why?
L: My meeting is over at 6:30 p.m. Can you skip the gym tonight?
K: I could. But why?
L: Because I miss you. I just want to spend time with you.

Yes, my heart melted then and melts now as I type this. It's nice to be missed.

Marriage can be a wonderful, wonderful thing when you are married to your best friend.

1 comment: