Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Calm Before the Storm

I have been feeling so incredibly blessed and joyful lately.  I love my dear sweet babies - the all-boy one who just learned how to crawl and growl like a bear and the talkative princess who keeps me in stitches.  I love my kind husband who does things like create playlists for me to listen to when I run.  I love my calling at church to work with the children.  I love that summer is here and we can spend every day at the pool if we wanted to.  I love that I have figured out how to stay on top of my laundry.  I love the stage of life I am in with little ones at home.

I think a lot of this calmness and joy comes from the fact that we have been diligently reading the Book of Mormon every day with our family after receiving a challenge from our Bishop of our ward (congregation) to do so.  The spirit in our home is undeniable.  And honestly, I recognize we have been blessed beyond measure in our lives.  God is good.

However, there is a part of me that wonders what trials are waiting for us in the wings.  I mean after all we have gone through in the nine years we have been married, (death of parent, illness, infertility, loss of babies, stressful school situations, being far away from family) it seems only logical that we will have to face more hard things and that this bliss is only temporarily.

Like a calm before the storm.  

I'll take it, for however it lasts.  Praying that my memory of this time will be a sweet reminder to sustain me in whatever comes our way in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say you completed your trials like a champ! You definitely deserve the calm! You are awesome!
    We'll be in San Diego in August, so hopefully you can come down or we can meet up soemwhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your new blog. You amaze me with how you have handled all the challenges that have come your way. Elisabeth and Carsten are lucky to have you for a Mommy. Can't wait to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete