Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This time around

I can't believe I have less than two months before "Baby Brother" arrives.  With Elisabeth, I kept a detailed pregnancy journal.  With this baby, not so much.  Here is my attempt to start a journal for him.  Sorry, bub.  The curse of being the 2nd born, I guess.

  • Peanut Butter - Can't get enough of it.  That and watermelon.  (Not to mention smoothies and carrot cake.)
  • Where's the Beef? - Can't stand chicken at all this pregnancy.  I rarely make it and I will only order it if it is on a salad at a restaurant.
  • Laid-back personality?  - His heart rate is much slower than his sister's was.  My OBGYN always claims that he likes to relax when she finds his heartbeat on the doppler.  We are hoping she is right.
  • Fit Mama - I have consistently exercised three times a week.  Between Zumba, water aerobics, the eliptical, walking, swimming and prenatal yoga, I have tried to stay active.  As a result, I have gained much less weight so far than I have with Elisabeth. I think I might even be smaller.  (See picture below.  What do you think?)
  • Ouch! - Those are my ribs!  This baby LOVES to stretch out and hook his toes behind my ribs.  
  • Catching my ZZZZ's - I am utterly exhausted all the time.  I am convinced it has more to do with recovering from grad school, chasing after an active 2 year old all day and our recent move, but I am sure my gestating of another human being has something to do with it.  
  • Name Game - We haven't decided on a name yet.  We figured we would go to the hospital with a few names we like and then decide.  Three things we did decide on - all of our children will have one family name, their names will have meaning, and their names will most likely be classic, old fashioned names.  
  • Hynobaby - I am going to try to go au natural this go around.  As a result we are taking a Hypnobabies class.  Call me crazy, call me brave, call me whatever.  Let's just see how it goes.
One thing remains a constant.  I love being pregnant.  Besides the stressful first trimester when I am considered "high risk," there is nothing more that I enjoy than being able to carry and grow a miracle in my body for nine months.  Nothing is more divine or makes me feel closer to Heavenly Father.  I still feel twinges of sadness when I think of all of those women out there who want children and can't have them.  That is one question I am sure to ask after I die.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I cannot believe how time has flew by. Your little guy is going to be here soon. You look amazing. You are a lot smaller with him and you look wonderful. I am so excited and happy for you guys on your new bundle of joy that will soon be here. Take care! Love you all and miss you guys soooo much! Call when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi

    Love your blog! I have a Big Sister book to give Elisabeth soon. Keep up the good work.
    Carrot cake with or without frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable :) Happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done Hypnobabies three times! I *love* it.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tera - Did you get the email with my new cell phone number?

    Becky - WITH frosting of course. Cream Cheese frosting is what makes carrot cake absolutely divine.

    Kathy - Thanks - and congrats to you as well!

    MommyMichael - I have heard great things about it. I start classes on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi-
    You look fabulous! I love your blog! You amaze me with all the stuff you do! How did you like the hypnobirthing class? We took one before our son was born and I loved the class. Hope you are, too! If nothing else, it gives you more tools to use during your labor! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little boys are so wonderful, you are in for a real treat. You look fantastic, too! I did hypnobirthing and found it really effective for my labor with Henry. If only my midwife hadn't been crazy and worked with me during pushing instead of hanging out in the hall, everything would have been perfect! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete