Saturday, October 11, 2008

What Not to Wear

Anyone want to nominate me for the TLC program "What Not to Wear?" Because, as you can see in this most embarrassing picture EVER, I need some fashion help. I can only hope that this picture is only going to appear on the online version of the local newspaper and not the print version.

Of all days to go to the store wearing my comfy clothes and tennis shoes without taking more than two minutes to get ready, last Thursday had to be it. (I usually don't wear make-up or do my hair really nice these days unless it is 1. Sunday or 2. I am meeting up with some fashionable friends.) This situation reminds me of how my mom used to tell me to always wear clean underwear just in case I got into a car accident. I guess I should always make myself look presentable just in case the local newspaper photographer is around to take my picture.

Notice, however, that I am being very environmentally conscience with my reusable grocery bags, was able to successfully grocery shop with a sleeping infant in a stroller AND talk local political issues with a city council candidate. I may not be the cutest mother around, but I am doing my part to contribute to the betterment of society.

6 comments:

  1. Before we read the rest of the posting, we noticed your eco-friendly shopping bags, and said, "she is so cool!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the picture? I want to see the picture and read what you said. Did you take the picture off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To access the picture, click on the word "picture." I just hyperlinked it. I guess I should just post the image for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Schloopy! I miss you so much!!! Reading that post reminded me of you walking around the floor of our dorm wearing your big, white, floppy socks. And let me tell you, nobody knows about needing some fashion sense more than I! Some days I wonder why I even shower (and those are the days that I do take a shower) cuz I usually just put some version of sweats and a tshirt back on. It's really hard to dress yourself up when you are going to be picking dried bananas off the floor and scrubbing poop out of clothes:) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I, too, need to be nominated for What Not to Wear because I dress similarly every day. Honestly, I don't think you look that bad, Kristi...and I'm not just saying that because I went out and did my laundry at the laundromat this morning without showering....

    And go you, with the reusuable shopping bags! I like mine not so much for the environmentally friendly aspect (although that's not a bad thing) but because it's easier to hang them on my stroller handles. The plastic bags just break, but the resuable ones hold a lot and hold up while doing so.

    ReplyDelete