Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Newest Project

I have decided I am going to learn how to smock.  I have always been a fan of this traditional, classic style of children's clothing and my friend, Allison, is already an expert.  Allison has offered to teach me how to do this fine handiwork.


My first project - A white bishop's dress with red geometric smocking for Elisabeth's Christmas/Valentine's Day dress.   Above is the same type of dress I plan to make, only in pink instead of white.  I go this week to buy fabric (white sateen) and will hopefully start soon.  Wish me luck on this endeavor.  I am already dreaming of the future projects I can make for our beautiful baby girl and I get giddy with excitement. 

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I want to learn that! I have to do knitting first, though. And then crocheting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is going to look awesome. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete