Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Celebrate Life

Grandpa is the 2nd from the left. This was taken Christmas 2005.

Besides finding a nice home to live in, we have a few things to celebrate this week. First and foremost, Grandpa Richardson (Lance's grandpa) was finally taken off life support yesterday and he is breathing on his own. Grandpa was in a major car accident and has been in critical condition for almost two weeks. He is miraculously able to talk. Miracle of miracles. ICUs and Life Support are both things that cause my heart to sink in remembrance of my mom's last few weeks. I was relieved to see him pull through. We both love Grandpa for his upbeat attitude and his smiling face. We continue to pray for his recovery.

David goofing around on Christmas with Alex and his wife Vicki.

Also, my big brother David celebrated his 48th birthday yesterday. I have been missing him a lot lately (as he lives on the other side of the country) so I just wanted to post a mini-tribute to him. David has always been a good brother to me and my brothers. We especially love his incessant teasing, odd quirks, his guitar playing and the fun songs that he sings and his ability to mimic our voices in the stories he tells of our youth. Happy Birthday Davie!

No comments:

Post a Comment