Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Flowering Boulevard


I have been thinking a lot about my mom lately, remembering her endearing quirks and the small things she enjoyed. She loved flowers (though allergic to most perfumes) and every spring she looked forward to the blooming of her lilac bushes. My boss at work informed me one day that we had lots of Jacaranda trees in our neighborhood and they would bloom a pretty lilac color soon.
Did they ever! Every time we take Sofi for a walk or drive to work, I enjoy the natural beauty along our own "boulevard." We are very blessed to have these little pleasures in life.

3 comments:

  1. It IS so beautiful. We try not to ever take it for granted even after living here for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the pink flowering bushes. Do you have any in your yard Amy? If we ever buy a house here, I will be sure to plant those in my yard, along with a lime tree and a vegetable garden.

    ReplyDelete