Monday, June 5, 2006

How to Cope

It has been three, difficult, long weeks for Lance and myself. In the early morning hours of this past Friday, hospital staff confirmed I have an ectopic pregnancy. Luckily, I haven't had to have surgery yet (we are praying I won't have to have surgery) and was given strong chemotherapy drugs to help end the pregnancy.

I know many of our family and friends want to help but don't know how and have noticed that I am haven't been myself lately. Many of you are probably thinking...what is going on with Kristi? Why won't she call us or return our calls? I found a great group, RESOLVE, that has lots of educational and helpful resources about infertility/ infertility related problems.

I found a good page that helps put into words how I feel and what I want others to understand: http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cop_tainf_jffaf

There is also a page of common "myths" about infertility. I have heard many people say certain things about infertility that just aren't true (I bet if you cut down the stress in your life you would get pregnant, you should adopt first and then you will get pregnant, etc.) Go here for more info: http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cop_demis_home

Feel free to take a look around. We will be okay. We just need some time to deal with this physically and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment