Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Need another "project"

I think those who know me knew this was coming. I love being at home with my kids. I love not having to work. I love the freedom it provides and that my laundry is getting done and my kids are spending quality time with me.

But honestly, it isn't enough. Doesn't saying that make me feel like a horrible LDS mom?? Yes, yes it does. But that is who I am.

Reality is I need something else in which I can use my talents. Another project if you will. Up until now I have always had jobs at church that have kept me insanely busy and happy serving, teaching, organizing, teaching, and "taking care" of others. The last few months my job has changed and I teach adult Sunday School every other week. No longer as involved as I have been over the last 10 years. And am really trying to embrace the change. . . Though not even close to being successful.

So no work, no alumni board, no involved calling, no non profit leadership position. . . Definitely floundering here. Kids are too little to have a PTO to jump into. I am at a loss.




6 comments:

  1. That is usually when I decide to have another baby, but you already have one on the way! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand where you are coming from. As a college educated mother of two back in 1974 I "needed something more" and got my childbirth educator certification and later lactation educator credential. Teaching just an evening here and there, being around adults who appreciated and respected me was lovely with toddlers at home. Kristi, you would be such a kind and capable birth/lactation/parenting mentor. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just a few months before baby gets here and you will find your time is really full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking from experience, embrace the boring! lol! Whenever I start thinking that my life is boring, some giant catastrophe happens. (sewage backup...job loss... etc hahaha) I am ok with boring, but that's just me. I know what you mean though, the desire to use your brain and talents. You'll find something cool. I agree with the above commenter...life with a new baby will fill your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets refinish some furniture!! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete