Monday, July 23, 2012

Real. Bad. Mood.

After talking on the phone to one of my best friend's the other night, she sent me the link to this video.  


Let's face it.  As funny as this is, it describes exactly how I have been feeling lately.   Tired, sick most of the time, zero patience and tolerance, outspoken, hormonal, emotional, depressed and mostly just in a Real.  Bad.  Mood.  You won't cross this sorry ol' dog if you know what's good for you. Hoping this is just a symptom of the first trimester and that it will magically disappear in the next few weeks since I am officially in my 2nd trimester and my family, friends, and dog all need to see cheerful Kristi again desperately.

And since I am being outspoken, let me just say this.  For the record - If a pregnant woman complains, however briefly or excessively,  about the trials of pregnancy, that doesn't mean she isn't grateful for the miracle inside of her or that she doesn't realize what an amazing blessing it is to be able to conceive and carry a baby.   Sometimes being pregnant is HARD and miserable.  I would happily be miserable for 9 months to have another child and know there are women who would be grateful to be throwing up all night long like I have been lately if it meant they could be pregnant.  I went through 6 years of heartbreak and infertility to have an inkling of what they feel.  But let's just face it.  Sometimes this just stinks.  And no matter how much you want to suck it up and grin and bear it and be sensitive to the others feelings, sometimes you just need other people to emphasize, sympathize and support you so you can get through the next day.   I would do the same for any of my friends who needed the this type of support.

Phew.  Glad that is off my chest.


4 comments:

  1. I agree about the complaining, and it's like that with everything. Can't I complain about my husband without my single friend saying, "At least you have a husband," or complain about how hard it is to exercise without insulting my overweight sister? Yes, perspective and gratitude are good, but you're right that sometimes you just need a little sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN TO THAT. Pregnancy is a wonderful miracle indeed, but thank the good Lord it only lasts 9 months. :) (no I'm not pg...don't want to start any rumors lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - but tell me honestly, when you were childless and struggling with infertility, didn't the gripes of pregnant women infuriate you? Because I think it's very natural on both sides. :)

    ReplyDelete