Wednesday, June 13, 2012

When you are busy making other plans . . .

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
                                                                - John Lennon

As you remember, on January 20th I was planning to be running in this:




Instead, on January 20th I am due to have this:




Definitely an absolute unplanned, unassisted, unexpected but thoroughly welcomed miracle.

Here's a little background. . .
 Back in January I felt a distinct impression it was time for us to have another baby.  Why?  Not sure.  I mean I can barely manage the two cute yet crazy ones I have.  I remember eating the best pulled BBQ pork sandwich in the world at a swap meet in Oahu with Lance, telling him I was going to call our infertility doctor that day and set up an appt. for when we got back from our little love vacay.  He agreed it was time.

But it never worked out.  I drug my feet to get the blood work done needed to start the process. We soon found the house we just purchased.  Just like the last six years we had to make a choice - Do we do infertility treatments?  Or do we buy a house?  A house won out.  Surprisingly, I was at peace about it.  Another baby would have to wait until 2013 or even 2014.  I had a house to decorate, a budget to keep, two little ones to raise, a little more weight to lose and a half marathon for which to train.   

When we were packing to move, I came across a pregnancy test.  It was about to expire and I did not want to pack it.  I didn't even suspect I was pregnant but I figured I wasn't going to throw away $15.   I took it on a whim.  Imagine my surprise when I saw two lines.  After texting a picture of it to my friend Amber in disbelief, she insisted I go buy another.  The three digital ones I purchased and took that same day all spelled out in bold letters the unbelievable answer:  PREGNANT.

Shock is an understatement.


Ten years of trying with losses and no success on our own.  And here we are - stressed from buying a house and not even planning or trying and I am expecting baby #3.
 
I know this is early in the game to be announcing anything.  Isn't there an unsaid rule you should wait until you are in your 2nd trimester to share with the world?   But I just can't keep it a secret.  I am so excited and feel so incredibly blessed to be carrying this miracle.  I am so tired of having to be cautious about everything when it comes to having babies - chosing carefully who I tell when I am doing fertility treatments and when I am newly pregnant because I am so worried I am going to lose my baby.  I want to be excited about this baby and believe that everything is going to be okay.  Because as far as I know, everything will be.

Besides, any prayers from those we love can't but help. 

18 comments:

  1. This is my favorite thing of all time! Big congratulations to you and Lance! I'm praying that all goes well with the pregnancy. Again, I'm LOVING this news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??!! Such an incredible story of discovery! Just taking a test cause you don't want to waste it, and wallah?! That's awesome. Congratulations...{and we'll keep this wee one in our prayers}!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH - Awesome and AMAZING! I am so terribly excited for you. I can't even begin to say how happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING! I can't believe I saw you tonight and couldn't congratulate you because I didn't know. This is the best news ever. What a happy miracle for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great, happy and exciting news! So so happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kristi!!! I'm thrilled for you and your family! Prayers for an uneventful pregnancy going up now!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the word is out! :-) CONGRATULATIONS -- we are so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful blessing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm not kidding, I got the chills while I was reading this. How exciting for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH KRISTY!!! Holy moly!! What a super fun surprise! I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a feeling for a while that you were pregnant.. and I am so glad you are!!! What amazing news! I am so so so happy for you:-)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally spelled your name wrong! Brain fart!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy, happy, happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My Goodness! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Ami! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yahoo for you! If it's a boy, I'm going to freak out, because our kids came in the same gender order, and within a few months of each other, despite both of us having to wait longer than we wanted! I'm happy for you to have given yourself the freedom to celebrate the miracle for all three trimesters!!! Just Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so beyond happy and excited for you! You give all of us infertile girls hope!! Good luck getting through the nausea and poopy diapers and here's hoping you get exactly what you want out of this next baby!!

    ReplyDelete