Thursday, October 20, 2011

Roots


I am really and truly ready to plant some permanent roots. Establish ourselves.

Buy one of these:



So I can have counter space to get one of these:




So we can get one of these:


(if you can't tell, this is a king-sized bed. With a dog and two kids, the few minutes when everyone piles into our queen sized bed at daybreak is short-lived and usually leaves a child in tears or a crabby mom.)

Get rid of the mismatched, chipped, cheap-o dishes that we have had since we got married 9+ years ago so I can have 8 matching place settings like these:



Because if I have to hear one more time from my husband "Well, let's wait on that until we buy a house" I think I may scream or break down crying. I am so tired of the "wait and see" part of life. I want to be able to say this is our home, this is where my kids will go to school, this is our ward. I want to say (gulp.) "I am from _________, CA." Okay, maybe not. I will always say I am from MN but I want to really believe this is our stopping place for at least the next 10 or more years.

I know nothing is certain in life but death and taxes BUT this is a woman who lived in the same house her whole life until she was 18 talking. I am craving stability and the comfort that comes with painting the walls in a house that is truly ours.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO with you girl! So much of it starts with the whole partner/not partner thing... Here's to next month. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Good luck with partnership to both of you! We're off to try our hand somewhere else...

    ReplyDelete