Friday, May 21, 2010

Exhaustion

Graduation is tomorrow.  I can't figure out why everyone else seems much more excited about my graduation than me.  Then it occurred to me - I am just plain exhausted and don't have much energy to celebrate.  Between running after a determined toddler who has been out of her sleep schedule (meaning we get less sleep), to being 21 weeks pregnant, to trying to catch up on housework we have let go over the past year, to figuring out when in the world I am going to finish my internship and start my two contract jobs, I am just too tired right now to give my well-earned graduation the hoo-rah it needs.  Not to mention that I just finished my last semester of grad school.

I wonder if any other graduates feel this way.  Really, I can't wait for tomorrow to be over.  This is one chapter in my life I can't wait to put behind me.  Grateful I did it?  Yes.  Would I do it again?  Maybe.  Ask me again in a few months.

As for now, just put me in a hotel room, away from life for three days and I can guarantee you I will be sleeping.  A LOT.

1 comment:

  1. Kristi! Congratulations! You have a very busy life right now. Wow! I must have missed the announcement about your pregnancy! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete