Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sweet Tooth

As I was preparing to head to the pool for a swim this afternoon, it occurred to me that it was a little too quiet in our house - home to a busy toddler who often babbles and jabbers as she plays. Following my maternal instinct, I quickly ran out to the kitchen to see what Elisabeth was doing. I noticed the pantry door ajar and when I peeked around the counter, this amusing sight met my eyes:


In case you are having a hard time deciphering what it is our daughter is doing, allow me to explain. Here is our swimsuit honey, helping herself to fistfuls of powdered sugar. We actually only let her have sugar on occassion (come on - you know Chunka Munka doesn't need the extra empty calories when she eats heartily at every meal) but now I know our little girl has a sweet tooth. I scolded her half-heartedly and this is the look she gave me:

It is as though she is saying "Yummy. You should try some, Mama!"

After I took the box away and washed the sticky fingers of a sobbing little girl, I immediately called her Papa to relay the story, share some laughs and offer an ultimatum; Install childproof locks on our pantry door by noon tomorrow or no BYU football game until they are installed. Before you think I am a demading wife, let me reassure you this is not the first request. I have caught Elisabeth walking around the house on many occassions, eating from our raisin bran cereal box . My guess is it can only get worse from here. Good thing she didn't find the chocolate chips!

I feel so lucky to have this little rascal to brighten my days.

3 comments:

  1. That is so hilarious. She's such a cutie! Priceless pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute, Elisabeth. Neil is like that too. I used to think that it was horrible that some parents put locks on their fridge. I guess I never really had to with Jamin and Gordon, but our little Neil LOVES to eat and is a little too persistent. Finally I could take it no longer, and had to put a lock on our fridge. As for the pantry, it has taken him a little longer to figure out how to open, but the other boys have well initiated the pantry and all sugary items have been placed high up and all items on the lower level are mostly sealed with lids. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After this post, I just have to find the pictures of me as a toddler, Spitting Image, I tell you, Spitting Image!!! That is hilaious! I need to photo these types of things more often...

    ReplyDelete