Monday, August 24, 2009

Ready or not

My bed is full of laundry to be folded, my sink full of dishes to wash, my living room scattered with toys, and my car in desperate need of a cleaning. My baby is in bed taking her nap and I am reluctantly opening up my new syllabi for this semester that starts today while taking a few moments to post to my blog.

Ready or not, my 4th and 2nd to last semester for the MSIDT program starts today. I have "senioritis" pretty bad. Having successfully survived the semester this summer, I keep asking myself - Is this worth it? Are the late nights of homework and weekends spent glued to my laptop while my husband and daughter spend time together really worth it? Do I really want to continue? Attending park days, smocking dresses for Elisabeth, baking cookies, planting a garden and scrapbooking sounds so much more appealing.

However, I only have two semesters left. I can do this. I can finish my masters. Besides, I made a promise to Lance to finish AND I would hate the thousands of tuition dollars and hard work over the last few years to go to waste. And despite the stress associated with being a fulltime student, mother and wife, I secretly love what I am studying and enjoy being in school at times.

So, ready or not, here I come. I guess the laundry will have to wait.

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wish I would have finished when I had the chance. I say better do it now and have no regrets. Life only gets busier. Way to go, Kristi! You are awesome.
    I hope that some day I will be able to go back to school and finish my degree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of you! I have two and three-quarters online classes left and somehow I just can't seem to finish... Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete