Monday, February 16, 2009

Old Fashioned Girl

Here is the finished product:



I have to admit I am fairly proud of this hand-made frock. I feel like I could pluck Elisabeth off of the leather couch in our living room and place her on a settee in an antique store and she would fit right in with the other vintage goods. Someone at church suggested I make these types of dresses to sell. Sorry folks. This labor of love is way too time consuming and expensive of a hobby to make it worth the price someone would pay me. For now, Miss Elisabeth and her future siblings will be the only ones to don my hand-crafted finery. I may be willing to make a smocked article of clothing for a favorite niece or nephew, though. ;-)

Note: There was a smudge on my camera lens when I took these photos so they appear a tad blurry.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that you kept the fabric and design of the dress simple so that the detail can really shine.

    How about a detail shot so that we can further appreciate your hard work? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm VERY impressed. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed! It looks beautiful and especially lovely on Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Her dress is so beautiful. It is absolutely amazing. I wish that I had your talent when it comes to sewing stuff. I think that Elisabeth would look adorable in anything but this dress really seems to fit her quite well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful... How did you learn how to do it? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost cried when I saw Elizabeth's dress, partly because I know how much work you put into it and because she was so ridiculously cute in it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute dress you made! Amazing. We heard you guys are coming to visit and are so excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is very beautiful as is the maker and the model. I know a little of the hours you spent and look how it all came together, makes all the time just so worth it. You are so talented and patient in doing this.

    ReplyDelete