Friday, January 18, 2008

Lucky Birthday Girl

I feel like I have been blessed with the best husband ever. He went out of his way to make sure I had a wonderful birthday this year. It is in the running for the best birthday ever. To those of you who know me very well, you won't be surprised that my birthday was indeed a three day celebration. Here are some highlights:

DAY 1


  • Lunch at the very healthy and vegan Euro-chic cafe The Veggie Grill

  • A matinĂ©e showing of Juno at the University Theater

  • A small sampling of cupcakes from Sprinkles
DAY 2


  • Dinner prepared by Lance - complete with grilled steaks, salad, asparagus and baked potatoes.

  • Carrot cake

  • Gifts including tickets to see Wicked the Musical, The Office Season 3 DVDs and my very own Wii controller

  • Flowers sent to my work
DAY 3

I had asked Lance *not* to go overboard so we can save money for the baby but to make whatever he did a surprise. I think he definitely heard the "surprise" part, but not the "overboard" part. I feel very lucky to have found such a guy who knows my exact likes and is willing to spoil me once a year. I love birthdays. Even if they mean I am only one year away from the dreaded big three-oh. I hope our daughter will like birthdays as well, because they are bound to be special!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you're being very well taken care of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance,

    FYI my birthday is 12/19, and Beatta's is 2/5. We're excited to see what you have planned for us!

    ReplyDelete