Monday, December 3, 2007

Reasons for Wanting a Girl...or a Boy

I decided I needed to take a break from homework to write a bit more on our blog for my sanity. We find out on Dec. 19th if we are having a boy or a girl. Deep down inside, we really will be happy to have a healthy baby, no matter what the sex will be. However, I have started to make a list of silly reasons why I would prefer one over the other. Hope you enjoy!

Reasons for Wanting a Girl
  1. I can sew cute dresses for her and do her hair with pretty bows. Basically, share my femininity. (For which my friend Sparkey says is one of my "talents," whatever that means.)
  2. When she is old enough, we can go to the American Girls store in LA - Because I secretly want to go there myself now but would feel silly going there as an almost 30 year old without a child.
  3. We can have Jane Austen movie nights while Dad is off watching football in the other room.
  4. I can give her the middle name Dorothy after my mom. (Can't say Dorothy works if it is a boy.)
  5. We can have another girl in the family because heaven knows, I feel outnumbered on both my side and Lance's.
Reasons for Wanting a Boy
  1. He would most likely have a better chance of inheriting Lance's mild manners and less likely to inherit my emotional side.
  2. Overalls. Little boys look so cute in overalls.
  3. Someone to enjoy watching football with Dad so I can get off of the hook during football season.
  4. Easier teenage years. I was a teenage girl once - not looking forward to that with a daughter.
  5. Someone to rough house with the dog. She got along quite capitally with my nephews during their visits.
Either way, we can't wait to find out!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely second the overalls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Your prego! I didn't know. I guess I need to read your blog more often. I am so excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete