Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Only 24 Hours

I finished it. It only took me 24 hours (not consecutively) to finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I don't want to spoil anything for those who still need to read it or who are waiting for the movie to come out BUT I will say that Ms. Rowling did NOT disappoint me. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) I feel the $18.00 was money well spent. (I couldn't even talk to Lance until I could finish it. The book is that spellbinding!)

Despite the bloodbath and the intensity of the book, I can honestly say I set down the finished book feeling very uplifted and touched. J.K. Rowling has, in my opinion, a very good grasp on humanity and on the weaknesses and strengths of people. This series (of what I have read so far) reminded me of C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Well, back to reality! (And enough of my tribute to the Harry craze. Because I usually have much more important things to write about, such as the gardener seeing me naked and my dog hugging a stuffed animal :-). ) I wish I could spend the summers reading all day long like I did as a child. But, adulthood is what it is and I must work and be responsible.

2 comments:

  1. And enough of my tribute to the Harry craze. Because I usually have much more important things to write about, such as the gardener seeing me naked and my dog hugging a stuffed animal

    Heh heh, you're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so fast! I consider myself extremely lucky to have finished in 168 hours!

    ReplyDelete