Thursday, April 5, 2007

Yes, The Easter Bunny Delivers

Feeling very homesick for MN, my mom, and the Easters I had as a kid, I decided to become the Easter bunny this year. I felt that the non-married males in my family needed an Easter basket surprise. I headed to my two favorite stores to buy Easter goodies - Harry and David's and Target.

I spent way more than I should at Harry and David's but figured it was okay because they sell my beloved Jordan almonds, some tasty gummy bunnies and Lance's fav - truffles. (I can thank my Auntie Lorraine for helping me to discover this great candy store. Another reason to be MN homesick.)

But, my Easter spending spree did not stop there. I went to Target and decided that no only would I send baskets to my brothers and dad, but I would send a package to Lance's little brother who is on a LDS mission. As I unloaded my CARTfull of marshmellowy peeps, chocolate eggs, jelly beans, pastel-colored plastic eggs, M&Ms, Milkyway Bunnies, Crunch bars, etc., the checker's eyes grew large.

Checker: "Wow. Your kids are going to be really happy this Easter."
Kristi: "Why do you say that?"
Checker: "I have never seen anyone buy that much candy for Easter baskets and I have been here a few years."

Thanks Targetman! I guess my kids will be lucky. Not this year, though, since I don't have any kiddies at home. I filled my baskets last night, getting ready to ship them and Lance and Sofi BOTH were stealing some chocolate off of the table. Lance ate so much candy that he didn't eat much of his dinner and Sofi had an upset stomach all night.

I guess I do have some "kids" at home afterall.

2 comments: