Friday, March 23, 2007

New Chair Volunteer Position

I have always wanted to be a leader in the community. Almost like one of those dreams you have when you are a kid. (Like being the first female president. Yup, had that dream.) I always thought I would serve on the school board someday and maybe even be a city council member.

Well, I am getting a taste of this aspiration. And I am not even sure I want it anymore!!! I am now the Local Area Affilliate Chair for the Orange County Affliate of Resolve. (I offered to help after the former chair resigned, not knowing my offer would land me this position.) Ahhh!!! What did I volunteer myself for??? At least 4 hours of volunteer work a week (sometimes at up to 8 hours), a new email address just for Resolve and many challenges.

I am excited to work with all of the volunteers, though, and really believe in what Resolve stands for. I want to help other families who struggle building their own families. I hope I can do a good job. They can't fire me because it is a volunteer position. What a relief, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment