Saturday, May 27, 2006

What makes a blog successful?

Kristi is very good at blogging. She writes about interesting topics and is very skilled at sharing details from her life in a way that provides a hook for her readers. She has successfully blogged about her life without making her posts boring to others.

One of the hangups I have about blogging is that I can't think of ways to make the things I do interesting to others. It seems to me that the most successful blogs have a relatively tight focus on a subject that its readers find interesting. Thus, I would like to try making a blog that provides in-depth coverage of a few topics.

As an experiment, for the next while, I will concentrate on posting my thoughts about three subjects: industrial policy, intellectual property law and policy, and education policy. Of course, Kristi will continue to tell you what is new with the Smemoes in this space. I hope that you enjoy reading this material, and I encourage you to post your thoughts or questions so that we can generate a discussion.

And thank you for visiting our new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment